This is a great dessert or snack. I made them this weekend and everyone loved them.
3 overripe bananas-about 1 cup
1/2 cup unsweetened peanut or almond butter
2 T - 1/4 cup cocoa powder (more = richer taste)
1-2 scoops of protein powder(I used Bio Trust)
Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts(optional)
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees, grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter. I didn’t have to do this because the Trader Joe almond butter is soft.
- In a blender, food processor, or using your hands, combine the bananas, cocoa powder, protein powder and nut butter until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
- I find storing in the refrigerator works well.
- I do NOT recommend whey protein powder- It lends itself to a gummy texture.